Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wishing For Rain As I Stand In the Desert



I never understood what it was like to really and truly feel there was somewhere I belonged and was completely safe until I met you...And now, in light of recent events, I wish with all my heart that I could relive the those moments. Because I don't know if I will ever be naive enough to genuinely return to that. 
...
..
.
It was like being a blind child all over again. It didn't matter if I was ten or ten thousand feet up, I knew you would catch me...
...
..
.
So when you didn't...I couldn't accept it. It wasn't real.
Sometimes it still isn't.
...
..
.
Not fully.
...
..
.
And I don't know which is worse
the fact that I broke...
or the fact that you tell me I'll be fine.
...
..
.
I will be fine.
I just wish you still had the desire to get me there.
And be there.
...
..
.
I can hold myself up.
I know that.
It's just nice to have someone to stand by.
...
..
.
And I know I'll find someone.
Someone who can do no wrong.
Someone incredible.
Like you were.
...
..
.
I will never be quite so unsuspecting again though.
I seem to have developed a fear of heights.
...
..
.
And I haven't even fully hit the ground yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment