Saturday, April 14, 2012

Avec Moi

I've had moments where I reread things I've written and wonder at the way I sound.
Because I don't want to be viewed as someone who shouldn't be taken seriously.
I would like to be taken very seriously as a person. But not so seriously that I seem separate from the light, fun part of the world. This is all written in the manner that I think....And I think that the way people form thoughts is quite different from the way they speak. It's as though we protect our true identity {the thoughts} through speaking like those we associate with. Becoming part of a whole while disguising certain bits of our individuality. And this isn't always necessarily bad or wrong. Who says you should reveal everything about yourself to any and everyone. Why, that would be comparable to streaking, which, while generally viewed as inappropriate by the public, some find to be quite satisfactory. There is relevance to the complete disregard for social boundaries displayed by those who say whatever comes to mind. And if I am doing this via blog then I can't help but wonder...does this make me an occasional virtual verbal streaker?



Even if it does, and while I'm sure it can put me in a negative light, I don't regret it. I think that there's a certain freedom to it. I shouldn't be ashamed of the way I write and develop, just because others have progressed further or said less. So. I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment