Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wildly.




I want something like a train flying down the tracks. Feet moving too quickly over foreign cobblestones, taking it all in while dancing our way across places that will never forget us. I hope that we'll be the two that they can't shake from their heads, the smile they can't keep from spreading when our image flits through their memory. Maybe they don't even know us beyond one moment in time. We're just the couple from the cafe in Florence who tried to contain their enjoyment of one another's company so much that the cake and the platter both fell to the ground. Not in an inappropriate way {Of course} we were just laughing much too hard. The waiter will come and we'll do our best to stifle mirth as we apologize profusely in Italian, tip him massively, and pay for any damages we've done. He'll turn from irritated to amused and in the end, we'll come back after his shift to take him and his wife out to dinner, as per our invitation. Even if we never see them again, they'll be our dear friends and we'll be that couple from that day at that cafe in Florence.

Now, I am aware that not every day can be perfectly happy. But I want something like that massive downpour of spring precipitation. The one that starts small and then pelts with such fervor that you can't resist kissing in it. You don't have to be happy with someone to love them completely. The sun comes out and you see the world as something so fresh. That breath of clean air as the steam curls and dives off the pavement. The left over drops that peel from leaves to fall to the ground, content with somewhere deeper. I simply can't remain upset, so I know things will be so perfectly, madly, enjoyably rollicking. 

We'll be so good for each other. While I am aware that "I" can be perfectly happy while singular, graduating to "we" just  has such a nice ring to it. And I know that I'm going to find that soon. That second letter that will turn the beginning of "me" upside down, granting the potential to hold something. Something I'll discover I can play off of and begin new sentences with. I'm fully aware that I am wild. Wild and mad and someone that can't fully be explained. But all that says to me is that I'm going to love wildly. And I do. I'm everywhere at once and can get lost in a corner, counting words in a book by the stories they tell or drawing on walls just to make them seem bigger. I'm no easy task to be filled, but oh how you'll learn from the mistakes I make. And I'll love you however you need me to. If we're rich, we'll be smart with our money, but only so we can share it more fully. If we're poor, we'll get by on as little as nothing while doing our best to put the extras where they can be seen as a treasure. They are a treasure, but only to those who know how to find proper worth. And I think we could teach them. The world, I mean. I want to be with the world with you. I know good will come from it. 

We could trip over France on our way to Russia, by the way. Or lose our luggage in Austria and have to thrift a fuller understanding that we otherwise would have been without. I want to get on the wrong train and pointlessly argue about whose fault it is, only to laugh and apologize, because it's mine and now we're stuck in Barcelona for the night. I'll make up for it though, I promise. We'll probably have to get a room. I want to dance on the deck of a small boat in Greece. I'll wear that dress you love with my hair down. The captain will be surly with us for a moment when we lean too far over the edge while looking at the water. I'll smooth my dress and smile as you thank him for looking out for our best interests and give him a grateful handshake. He'll tell us stories about close calls and we'll be interested because who can say if we'll ever meet a man quite him again?

We'll be on a mission for who knows what going who knows where. Perhaps Cambodia will not be quite what I expected, but you'll make it so much more that it could have been anyway. You'll do what you love and I'll love what you do because oh, how I admire your  dedication. Our home, big or small, will need fixing up from the wear and tear that love tends to put into it. The repairs only lock in the moments that required them, and I am of the opinion that memories never leave a place. We'll paint the ceiling with dreams and paper the walls with good humour. Once you've outgrown your hair and filled in oh so nicely we'll celebrate your accomplishments. After all, how dashing you look in your bathrobe and stockings. You'll never tarnish, and I'll never stop seeing the best of mankind written in the lines of your face. Laughter lines are life's way of reminding us that we've spent our time on something worth it. You'll be so worth it, and I'm ready to love you wildly.

No comments:

Post a Comment