Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Grew in the Sight of the Sun

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."
~Kahlil Gibran

***

 It is more important to be gently great than to be so untouchable by that which is honestly and purely good. Balance is one of the most sought after traits yet one of the fewest recognized attributes. Those who have a level head often make the wisest decisions.
I have found few things that make me feel whole as much as enjoying the earth does. 
I was meant to spend much of my time out of doors, with nothing to shut me in or alter my environment. Nothing satisfies like a walk or a run through the original, clean, wonderful state of things. I grew up in the sight of the sun. That singular, warm, golden eye that gives life and energy to all it surveys. My feet want nothing more than to feel the gritty shifts and green whispers of the changing grounds and grasses. And I must resist the urge to hide the fact that, as the earth dirties and callouses my soles, it cleanses and smooths the rough edges of my inner self. Of my soul.
I long to feel no concern at the marketability of the world around me.
I only wish to value and experience it.

1 comment: